Monday, November 15, 2010

Natural recipes make me go hmmmm! Part deux

I am trying a new leave-in. It is based on kimmaytube's leave in recipe. My adapted recipe consists of the following:

  • 2 tbs Aloe Vera juice
  • 2 tbs Cantu Shea Leave in conditioner
  • 1 tbs redken extreme antisnap
  • 2 tsp jojoba oil
  • 2 tsp jamaican black castor oil
This is my second week using it and it is amazing! my hair is so soft, shiny and frizz free. My twist outs are also so defined, I have way more hang-time and it doesn't shrink up as much when I'm dancing up a storm. lol You can substitute the cantu and redken for any creamy leave in you can find or prefer and the other ingredients you can get at your local health food store. 

I use this mix once a week after my wash and acv rinse and store the remainders in the fridge. I spritz my hair with diluted infusium 23 before applying and I seal my ends with coconut oil. I also continue to oil my scalp but I have now added jbco, jojoba oil and coconut oil to my doo grow for this job. During the week, if my ends get dry I spritz with diluted infusium and seal with coconut oil or plain doo grow. I still baggy nightly. 

With the recent changes in my haircare regimen, I think my hair has gone to another level. My hair is so soft, I didn't even know it was possible. LMAO In fact, it is so soft that I went to a party this weekend and I was dancing around minding my business when some random dude put his hand in my twist out and exclaimed in shock OMG her hair is so soft! LMAO I know, it's a bit off-putting (why da hell is dude's hand in my hair) but I just thought it was so cute and hilarious. Plus I was happy and in a good mood. LMAO


No comments:

Post a Comment