Sunday, May 15, 2011

Where to Find Natural Hair and Skin products in Trinidad - an update

Hi Folks,
there has been an overwhelming response to that first post about finding products in Trinbago which suggests to me that many Trinis are interested in the natural hair journey. That makes my heart really happy. lol. Here are some other places where you can find products. Free advertising, I know, but I'm hoping that one of these days if I decide to do a giveaway they will provide some gifts. lmao. We'll see. If you go to these places tell them MzNappyTrini sent you ok. lol. 

1. Body Beautiful On D Avenue

[source]

Located in Woodbrook Port Of Spain, they stock many of the favorites of your YouTube gurus and go to bloggers. From Kinky Curly to JBCO to African Shea butter to Jane Carter products, they have it. They also have natural skincare products as well. I believe they do demonstrations of KCCC if you make an appointment. The best thing about them - they do home deliveries to any locations in Trinidad AND Tobago! Friend them on facebook here to see more of the products they offer as well as to keep abreast of new products, promotions and sales.  

2. Hair It is

[source]

In addition to stocking lots and lots of weave, they stock a lot of the natural hair care brand names like Carol's Daughter, Mixed Chicks, Ms Jessie's and many other popular hair care lines in the US, most notably Chi and Moroccan Oil. This business is owned by none other than Ms Danielle Jones, MS T&T Universe 2004 who was the 4th runner up at the Ms Universe pageant that year. 

If you have the dispensable income to spare and always wanted to try these products, you can pay them a visit. In my personal opinion, these product lines are a luxury, not a necessity. You can take great care of your hair without using products that cost an arm or a leg. They are also located in Woodbrook Port of Spain and run some pretty good sales from time to time, more on the weave than the hair products but hey you know how we Caribbean chicas like to keep ppl guessing. lol. They are also on facebook so go ahead and friend them if you are so inclined.

3. Cher Mere

[source]

Many of us growing up in Trini are well aware of the Cher Mere product line. If you haven't used them you have definitely at least heard about them. They are still around and their product line has expanded. They have several outlets throughout trinidad and do business throughout the Caribbean and ship internationally as well. Their products contain wonderful natural ingredients like aloe and rachette and are infused with a wide array of herbal oils. They also produce products for skin care and offer spa services as well. Check them out on Facebook or get more info on their website


The rest of info I have is still a work in progress. I have been told by Trini naturals who read the blog that my southern naturalistas can find products at a place called Santas??? I'm not sure where it is, somebody give me deets on the actual adress if you can. You can also get products at the herbal store at Carlton Centre. Again, if you have deets, please share. Apparently you can get Mixed Chicks products at some store at Carlton Centre as well. lol 

Ok ppl keep sharing info and I'll keep on updating! We still on the lookout for infusium 23 leave-in in T&T. First person to find it gets some chilli bibi! LMAO

Stay blessed

31 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the list! I've been looking for local places to buy natural hair care products. About 2 weeks ago I cam across another local business called Mayleah's Organics. They do deliveried anywhere in Trinidad or Tobago & the best part is that they sell online! They have a brand of hair products called Ikove which is from Brazil i think.I am really in love with the cupuacu butter shampoo & avocado conditioner! They only have shampoos and conditioners now but i think they are bringing in a leave in conditioner this week which I am dying to try. What I love most is that their products are all natural or organic & they provide a list of all the ingredients in every product too! The page is www.facebook.com/mayleahsorganics

    ReplyDelete
  2. No prob! and thanks for the additional info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for your info. Natural products are so hard to find in trini.
    Just wanted to add for my south ppl....I get my pure shea butter and black soap from the Sankofa African store on penitence street in san fernando. If i remember correctly i paid $30 per jar of each the last time i stocked up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. santas is located at high st san fernando and opposite pennywise san fernando ..carlton center is also located on high st san fernando not sure where in carlton centre is the herbal store located

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to buy Infusium 23 Leave in from Pennywise back in the day. Do they no longer sell it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't have the leave in anymore. sometimes they have the shampoo

      Delete
  6. Great Blog!
    Check out our website www.mayleahsorganics.com for all your natural and organic hair, bath, body & skin care products! We have products for all hair types! We deliver anywhere in Trinidad or Tobago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm actually facebook friends with you guys lol. I'm going to do another update to these "where to find products" posts soon and I'll be sure to add your info to the list.

      Delete
  7. Hi do you all have mixed chicks products or anything i can use for curly hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can try valrosa limited, hair it is or body beautiful. all three have facebook pages.

      Delete
  8. HEY I AM 17 YEARS OF AGE AN DI I WLL LIKE TO PURCHASE MIXED CHICKS HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MY HAIR CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE OR ASSISTS ME IN FINDING OUT WHERE I CAN PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT I REALLY LIKE MY HAIR AND NEED TO TAKE CARE OF IT MY NAME IS ROSYANN DELISARIO ON FACEBOOK IF YOU NEED TO ADD ME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosyann
      check your fb. you can get it at hair it is in woodbrook

      Delete
  9. Valrosa limited has curl junkie, mixed chicks, darcy botanicals, uncle funky's daughter, jessicurl, beemine, beija-flor and wondercurl. They are also on fb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this list it was helpful. You should really try to do a hair show with these people. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol glad it helped. something to think about. we'll see!

      Delete
  11. Body Beautiful On D Avenue is the ultimate beauty supply in Trinidad. They carry Juicy Leave In Conditioner by Naturalista Cosmetics. This product is amazing for keeping natural hair soft and moist for days at a time. Great article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! I posted another post on them http://mznappytrini.blogspot.com/2012/05/look-who-won-something-again.html. I actually got a sample of the juicy leave-in to try from them and I really liked it! Thanks for reading and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  12. yes thanks for post,we need a natural hair show/fair in trinidad

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey MzNappyTrini, I'm a Natural Newbie, recently relocated from the US as well and let me tell you your website is a Godsend! Just went to Mustapha's today and cleaned up :) Thought I'd pay it forward and share the wealth. Looking for the Herbal store in Town Centre Mall as another poster suggested, I chanced upon a pharmacy at the Frederick St. entrance that sold pure oils: Rose-$37/1oz, Peppermint-$15.53/1oz, Lavender-$13.20/1oz, Eucalyptus-$19.60/2oz & $10.10/1oz, Clove-$13.19/1oz they also have a few more.
    There is a sale on at SuperPharm for JBCO, went there tonight and I got it for $109.99! Also, Pennywise has unrefined, pure Shea butter for $44.99/160z, best deal I've seen for that so far.
    Hope this helps others, thanks again Trini!
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Nikki! thanks for reading and leaving a comment. Thanks for all that info! I appreciate it and I'm sure other readers will too. Welcome back home!

      take care

      Delete
  14. Thanks that was indeed helpful but I was wondering if you know where I can get Nafy hair products in particular the spring bomb twist? I am now going through the transition from relaxed to natural hair and I need this braid. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am not sure about that brand but I would guess Pennywise or take a trek up charlotte street, there are a few hair stores that sell hair. Please let us know if and when you find it!

      Delete
  15. can anyone help me find eon or nafy brand in the spring twist this will indeed help me with my transition from relaxed to natural. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I am giving feedback on the nafy spring twist and the eon natrual brand there is absolutely no braid store in pos that carry this brand :( I will really like to protect my hair for a month or two. I just might have to order it. But you should check it out when you get the chance. And I am still interested in that natrual group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alli,
      thanks for the feedback. Sorry you couldn't find it locally. I responded about the groups on the other posts but here are two links for groups on facebook which are really active

      Caribbean people with natural hair
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/189043417824344/

      and Natural hair
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/1stnaturalhair/

      Take care!

      Delete
  17. Hey!!!!!!!! just got A bC two motnths ago i have 4C type hair and i have no idea what type of product to use i am looking for an all natural base line please help

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heyyyyy I just bought She Moisture shampoo from PennyWise for $100.00 , they had three different types :-) .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete