Sunday, December 12, 2010

Back to the box braid

Hi Loves
I am still enjoying the results of my coconut prepoo. It is amazing that more than a month after doing this prepoo I am still enjoying easier to detangle hair, less shed hair for my ziplock bags, softer hair and my curls are the same as before! I absolutely love it. I am also enjoying my adapted kimmaytube leave in. These two together have given me the softest hair ever! 

This week I cowashed with HE longlasting relationship, deep conditioned with my ORS Hair mayonnaise and did my ACV Rinse. I oiled my scalp with doogrow hair oil mixed with jojoba and jamaican black castor oils. My leave ins were infusium 23 and my adapted kimmaytube leave in. I sealed with coconut oil. 

I have been doing twists in my hair for months now but today I decided to go back to my original box braids for a change. I did 16 braids in all and omg my braids were so shiny and long I had to take a pic. I then went back to my pics from January when i first started documenting me taking care of my hair and it is amazing the progress I've made. See the pic below to see for yourself!




2 comments:

  1. Your hair has grown A LOT. It looks really good. My hair is a similar texture as yours and a little longer than chin length unstretched and box braids are my favorite style.
    I like coconut oil a lot too but I've been having trouble finding it lately for some reason. I live in California, but I'm originally from Tunapuna, Trinidad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula
    Thanks a lot! I guess we are like long lost neighbors because I'm a Curepe girl myself. lol. If you are open to getting your coconut oil online you can try tropical traditions, they have a sale going on
    http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/virgin_coconut_oil.htm#pint_sale. You can also try bear fruit hair they have 20% off going on http://www.bearfruithair.com/home/index.htm

    ReplyDelete