Friday, April 27, 2012

My Mommy and the Andis Gold



My mummy is a natural too, although I would classify her as a natural rebel. She hot-combs her hair 2-3 times per month, she insists on combing her hair every day, dry, and she uses grease on an almost daily basis. lol. 

Can't tell my mama nothing about her grease lol

While my mum, my sis and I all have what I would call type 4 hair, it is so interesting to see how different our hair is. My mum's hair is super duper soft and not as easily prone to tangling as my hair or my sister's hair. My sister's hair tangles less than mine, is thicker than my mum's, but her hair strands are a bit finer than mine. After my mum washes her hair, she can comb through it with no product and leave it to dry overnight. Neither me or my sister would ever dream of doing such a thing. 

I live in a household with three heads of type 4 hair with 3 different hair regimens that appear to be working for the specific head it is being used on. Due to this experience, I can say for a fact that what I do to my hair may work for me, but there is no guarantee that it will work for yours, even if we are supposedly in the same hair type category. The only way to know for sure is through trial and error.



My mum washed her hair the night before using herbal essence hello hydration shampoo and conditioner. She then airdried in 10 two-strand twists, done by yours truly, overnight. The next morning, I moisturised her hair using Kinky Curly Knot Today, applied John Frieda Frizz-Ease Wind Down Extra-Strength Relaxing Creme section by section as a styler, and Dudley Creme Press Pressing Oil as a heat protectant. I then blowdried her hair instead of hot combing it, using my brand new Andis Gold blowdryer. 



We both were extremely pleased with the results, this being my first time ever blowdrying somebody's hair. Using the fine tooth comb attachment, I was able to get results similar to her hot comb without burning and her hair was moisturized due to the ionic technology. Can't wait to try this on somebody else!

Back view. She wore her hair in a puff to church and I took this pic when she returned so the ends are already reverting lol

Side view

No comments:

Post a Comment