Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Missing Chronicles of August 2011 - February 2012: Rediscovering Juiciness

Head Full of Juicy Twists

One day on a whim I decided to try a new leave in conditioner. As you may know, I had been using various creamy concoctions based on kimmaytube's method for a while. However, I only used those on wash days and as we moved into fall and winter I found that my hair was getting dried out between washes. I decided to experiment with spritzing. The practice seemed conducive to easy use during the week, and the minimal effort required once you made up a batch was ideal for my busy lifestyle. The very first spritz I made, I didn't measure out the ingredients, but it consisted of the following:

  • infusium 23
  • rose water
  • bottled water
  • aloe vera juice
  • almond oil
  • vegetable glycerin
  • lavender essential oil
  • peppermint essential oil
Let's just say my hair was so juicy I almost fell out. Absolutely frizz free hair! Unfortunately, two weeks after I discovered this miracle, I straightened and cut my hair (more like a deep trim as it wasn't cut into a style) so no spritzing for a month and then I moved and had my hair essentials shipped so I've been unable to replicate since. However, as soon as I have all ingredients in hand again, I will be repeating this experiment. Enjoy the pics!

Absolutely ZERO frizz!

The resulting juicy twist out

My Braids after getting my hair blow-dried and a deep trim

No comments:

Post a Comment