Monday, March 26, 2012

The Missing Chronicles of August 2011 - February 2012: Guess Who Met Taren Guy?

This Trini gyul, that's who lol. I had the wonderful opportunity to not only meet the lovely Taren Guy (taren916 on Youtube), but collaborate with her and the uberly talented Ms Aingeel of Khamit Kinks salon in Brooklyn on a holiday styling special for naturallycurly.com


Holiday Hair w/Taren Guy for NaturallyCurly.com


This was actually my first experience getting my natural hair styled in a curly style at a salon. My previous salon visits were usually for straightening, weaving or braiding purposes. It was an amazing experience to say the least. It feels so good to have someone who understands my hair type wash, condition and style it. It takes so much weight off you so you can just relax and enjoy the experience and even learn a thing or two.


From l to r: Aingeel, yours truly and Taren after getting my hair styled at Khamit Kinks in Brooklyn, NY. Check the lovely layout and ambiance. 


The salon itself is very natural-friendly and even on a Tuesday early afternoon it was fairly busy and all the clients seemed like happy regulars. Folks were professional and on time and everybody that left there was looking good! There were folks getting their locs maintained, getting their fades neatened up, getting braids done, weave put in, two strand twists etc. I even saw a hairstyle I had never seen before and haven't seen since.


Check out that crazy braid!! Anybody can figure out how she did that?


As for my personal experience, Aingeel washed and deep conditioned my hair. She detangled my wet hair with the conditioner still in it using a brush, something I would NEVER do on my own hair, but  surprisingly it did not rip my hair out. It effectively detangled my hair with no breakage to speak of. Once she was done washing, she put me under the dryer until my hair was about 80% dry. She then used a cornbird dryer to blowdry my hair using the tension method. She then styled my hair into a really nice updo using Jane Carter products to moisturize and style. The most important thing I learnt was using mousse (Jane Carter Wrap and Roll) as a replacement for gel to smooth edges and keep a style slick and neat. Great hold without the hard feel!


See how smooth the style looks?!! Thanks to Jane Carter Wrap and Roll  Mousse.

The front/top of the style

Thanks again to Taren for the opportunity and to Aingeel for the great job she did!

Blessings
MNT

1 comment:

  1. It is exciting, liberating, and maybe a bit overwhelming to see how many different types of virgin brazilian hair weave are available for women. Women choose to wear a lace wigs uk for a wide variety of reasons. They may have experienced an illness or undergone medical treatment, which resulted in hair loss. Or they may want to be able to quickly and easily change their look to a new, fashionable brazilian hair uk without having to frequently visit a hair salon. Dramatic changes to one's look without actually changing brazilian lace closure uk are possible. Most women want to look as natural as possible while wearing one, be easy to put on, and feel comfortable. Usually they want the wig to look as if it is their actual hair. Wigs are made from either synthetic fibers or human hair. For women who want the most natural looking wig, quality brazilian hair weave uk are the best choice.

    ReplyDelete