Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Shea Moisture, Me likey!

So I've been playing around with trying Shea Moisture products ever since I walked into my local Walgreens and saw them sitting there just waiting for me. At $10 a piece they are kind of pricey for a cheap girl like me but I decided to pick up the Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque when my staple ORS Hair Mayo ran out. The label says you can also use this as a leave-in but i have not tried it as such yet. Maybe I'll use it as a base in my next homemade leave in mix
The smell of it is touch or go, it has grown on me but I can see how some people may not like it. I used this with my Huetiful steamer and it left my hair uber moisturized although I can't say it does a better job than my ORS so i probably won't be buying another one when this is done. but if you are in the market for a new deep conditioner, try it. It definitely gets the job done as far as my eyes can see and my hands can feel and it is also doing other wonders that I can't perceive just by virtue of the wonderful ingredients in this thing: Sea Kelp, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Honeysuckle and Carrot Seed Oil to name a few.

I also eventually gave in to an impulse buy and got the Organic Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie and I must say I have been using it a lot lately and it will probably end up being a staple. I have been using it to re-twist/re-braid/ re-moisturize my curly fro and it imparts excellent shine and moisture and does a good job of giving me defined curls on my dry hair. I haven't tried it on wet hair yet but when I do I'll be sure to update this review. It is kind of greasy and definitely leads to buildup but a little goes a long way. It is also very thick and on dry hair you have to really work it into the hair if you don't want to see the white stuff just sitting there. I think it's a good product for twists and braids as you get a smooth shiny finish and if you want a defined twist- or braid-out you will get that with this. To me it's a healthier version of Ms Jessie's Buttercreme and Curly Pudding in one.

I think I want to try their Curl and Style Milk next. It looks like it would do great for wash and goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment