Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mini two strand twists - the take down

So it's been almost four weeks and in preparation for wash day this weekend I started the dreaded take down process. I have alluded often to the fact that my hair's natural proclivity is to be in some locs but I'm not ready yet. Every time I do small twists in my hair, leave them for a while and wash with them in, I will usually find a few twists that have started locing. Well sure enough, I had a few that did just that and here is what it looks like


In the past, when I encountered this I would cut my hair or just go ahead and loc my hair but then I discovered Pantene Pro-V Detangling Light Conditioning Mist. Trust me when I say, if there is one product that I absolutely MUST HAVE this is it. 

This particular bottle and I have been together about 2 years now.  

I don't have use for it often but I always keep it on deck for when I do come across those tangles that refuse to submit. Everything else I use can be substituted but this here, there's nothing else like it. No amount of water and conditioner gives me slip like my boo. This thing detangles like a charm. Just a couple squirts on the loced area, massage it in, I don't even have to manipulate or comb. Just massage it over the area and run your fingers up and down the strands and slowly (less than a minute actually) but surely the tangle literally melts, resulting in this


Most of my wanna be dreds were around my edges and the nape area but all in all it wasn't as painful a process as I thought it would be. It took about 1.5 hours. I did not fully detangle my dry hair, I just braided it up in some big old Ms Celie braids and I'll rock that until wash day unless I have to go somewhere special which I highly doubt.

This weekend I'm gonna do my coconut prepoo detangling session, shampoo, protein treatment with my other true love Nexxus protein reconstructor and deep condition with something different from my regular Hair Mayo. Make sure and check back for that update and the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment